SCC Las Vegas to Award more than $260,000 in Grants to 60 Organizations
The Las Vegas Chapter of Speedway Children's Charities will distribute more than $260,000 to 60 local charities after another successful year of fundraising.
The charity, which has raised and distributed more than $5 million since its inception in 1999, will award the funds to the deserving Southern Nevada charities at its annual Grant Distribution and Holiday Tree Lighting Ceremony at Las Vegas Motor Speedway on Tuesday, Dec. 11. The Grant Ceremony will be held from 6-8 p.m. Pacific Time in the Drivers' Meeting Room in the speedway's infield media center.
The Assistance League, Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Las Vegas and The Shade Tree Inc. are among the charities receiving grants. Children and representatives from most of the organizations will attend the event, which will include food, holiday games and gifts from Santa Claus donated from a toy drive held by Harsch Investment Properties.
The 2018 grant recipients include:
- Assistance League of Las Vegas
- Baby's Bounty
- Best Buddies International
- Boys and Girls Club
- Boys Town
- Candlelighters for Childhood Cancer of Nevada
- Chefs for Kids
- Children's Heart Foundation
- Civitan Foundation Inc.
- Clark County Parent Cooperative Inc.
- Clark County Public Education Foundation Inc.
- Dan Lea Scholarship for Nevada Broadcasters
- Discovery Children's Museum
- District 46 Lions Camp Lotza Fun
- Easter Seals Nevada
- Epicurean Charitable Foundation
- Eye Care for Kids
- Foster Kinship
- Gay and Lesbian Community Center of Southern Nevada
- Goodie Two Shoes Foundation
- Grant a Gift Autism Foundation
- The Greater Las Vegas After School All Stars
- HELP of Southern Nevada
- James Seastrand Helping Hands of North Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Clark County Urban League-CAA
- Las Vegas National History Museum
- Leaders in Training
- Lighthouse Charities Inc.
- Miracle Flights for Kids
- Nathan Adelson Hospice Foundation
- National AMBUCS Inc., Las Vegas Chapter
- National Hemophilia Foundation, Nevada Chapter
- Nevada Ballet Theater Inc.
- Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation
- Nevada Partnership for Homeless Youth
- New Horizons Center for Learning
- Project 150
- Project REAL Inc.
- Proventus Place
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Las Vegas
- Rotary Club of Las Vegas
- S.A.F.E. House
- Safe Nest: Temporary Assistance for Domestic Crisis Inc.
- Somerset Academy of Las Vegas
- Somerset Academy of Las Vegas Foundation
- Southern Nevada Children First
- Southern Nevada Homeschool Performing Arts
- Southern Nevada Junior Golf Association
- Southern Nevada Public Television/Vegas PBS
- Specialized Alternatives for Families and Youth of Nevada Inc.
- Spread the Word Nevada
- St. Jude's Ranch for Children - Nevada Region Inc.
- Street Teens
- The Just One Project Inc.
- The Ogden Family Foundation
- The Police Athletic League Inc. of Southern Nevada (PAL)
- The Shade Tree Inc.
- Three Square
- YMCA of Southern Nevada
- Youth Outdoor Unity
The children and their families also will be treated to complimentary tram rides through Glittering Lights at Las Vegas Motor Speedway when the program concludes.
"It's been another great year of fundraising for the Las Vegas Chapter of Speedway Children's Charities, and we can't wait to share some joy with these 60 deserving charities," said Paulette Anderson, director of the Las Vegas Chapter of SCC. "Seeing the children's smiling faces as we celebrate and spread cheer makes all our hard work worthwhile, and there's no doubt our charity's efforts are changing lives in our community. It's going to be a great night!"
The Grant Ceremony is sponsored by Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Levy Motor Sports and Harsch Investment Properties.
Fundraising events for the 2018 season included Laps for Charity at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, the Drive for Charity Golf Tournament, the PJ 5K Run and 1-Mile Walk, the NASCAR Driver & Memorabilia Auction and the wildly popular Glittering Lights holiday display.
Making a difference in children's lives is the focus of Speedway Children's Charities, and SCC strives to do this in collaboration with the nonprofit organizations it supports nationwide. Since Speedway Children's Charities was founded in Charlotte in 1982, more than $52 million in grants has been distributed to children's charities to help ensure every child in need is given the tools to build a better, brighter and healthy future.
For more information on SCC, please contact director Paulette Anderson at 702-632-8242 or email@example.com.