New Hampshire Area Grants
Due to the large volume of requests, Speedway Children's Charities is unable to grant every proposal. Applicants should understand that rejection of a proposal in no way suggests rejection of the organization. All grant applications must be completed and postmarked to Speedway Children's Charities no later than August 31st of each year. Grant applications must be completed in their entirety to be accepted. If your organization does not meet the following eligibility requirements, your application cannot be approved:
- Your organization must be tax-exempt under section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Service Tax Code.
- Your organization must serve children within the New England states of (New Hampshire, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, Maine and Rhode Island)
- Ineligible categories for funding:
- Organizations that deny service to a potential client or beneficiary on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disability
- Sponsorship for conferences, events, golf tournaments
- Development or production of books, films, videos or television programs
- Capital funding campaigns
- Vehicle Purchases
- Construction or remodeling of buildings
- Start-up organizations with less than 1 year of operation
- Individual schools in public school systems (other than through efforts to benefit system-wide programs and initiatives)
- Religious organizations, unless they are engaged in a significant project that is nonsectarian and benefits a broad base in the community
The following must be included with the complete grant application package:
- IRS 501(c)(3) verification
- Financial documents, including operating budget and IRS 990
- List of Board of Directors
- Organization Brochure (if applicable)
The applicant should print and retain a copy of the application for his/her files. Charities who are awarded grants should not consider these funds as part of their annual budget nor should these funds supplant existing funds used by the agency.
The 2019 SCC New Hampshire chapter
grant application will be available soon.