New Hampshire Area Grants
Grant Application Guidelines
Due to the large volume of requests, Speedway Children's Charities is unable to grant every proposal. Applicants should understand that rejection of a proposal in no way suggests rejection of the organization. We strive for equitable distribution based on such factors as:
- Regional representation
- Number of children to be served by this new request
- Amount of funds raised during the racing season
- Amount of funds requested
- Anticipated impact on children to be served
- Amount of other funding sources available to the organization
All grant applications must be completed and postmarked to Speedway Children's Charities no later than August 31st of each year. Grant applications must be completed in their entirety to be accepted. If your organization does not meet the following eligibility requirements, your application cannot be approved:
- Your organization must be tax-exempt under section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Service Tax Code.
- Your organization must serve children within the New England states of (New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Vermont, Maine, Connecticut and Rhode Island)
- Ineligible categories for funding:
- Organizations that deny service to a potential client or beneficiary on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disability
- Sponsorship for conferences, events, golf tournaments
- Development or production of books, films, videos or television programs
- Capital funding campaigns
- Vehicle Purchases
- Construction or remodeling of buildings
- Start-up organizations with less than 1 year of operation
- Individual schools in public school systems (other than through efforts to benefit system-wide programs and initiatives)
- Religious organizations, unless they are engaged in a significant project that is nonsectarian and benefits a broad base in the community
A complete grant application to Speedway Children's Charities MUST include 2 copies of EVERY document to be considered for review. The two applications should be placed in tabbed manila folders with the organization's name placed on the tab. Binders or other folders will not be accepted. Please use standard typeface no smaller than 10 points. You may reproduce this application but you must answer the questions in the order and form in which they are requested. Please supply all information, but attach only the documentation requested. Information not requested will not be considered (i.e. video and audio tapes, yearbooks, catalogues etc.).
The following must be included with the submitted grant application:
- 2 copies of the completed grant application (in two separate manila folders labeled with org name)
- 2 copies of your IRS 501(c)(3) verification
- 2 copies of your financials including operating budget, IRS 990
- 2 copies of your Board of Directors
- 2 copies or Organization Brochure (if applicable)
The applicant should retain a copy of the application for his/her files. Charities who are awarded grants should not consider these funds as part of their annual budget nor should these funds supplant existing funds used by the agency.
The 2020 SCC New Hampshire grant application will be available soon.
Please check back for updates.