Kentucky Chapter of SCC to Host 2nd Annual Night of Giving
The Kentucky Chapter of Speedway Children's Charities (SCC) will host its 2nd Annual Night of Giving on Monday, December 7. The event is a celebration of the chapter's annual opportunity to provide grant funding to local children's organizations in the tri-state area.
With help from corporate partners, volunteers, board members, local communities and race fans throughout the region, the Kentucky Chapter was able to award almost $75,000 to the following 18 non-profit children's organizations in Kentucky, Ohio and Indiana:
- Buckhorn Children and Family Services (Buckhorn, KY)
- The Center for Courageous Kids (Scottsville, KY)
- The Children's Home of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH)
- Children's Home of Northern Kentucky (Covington, KY)
- Clark County Youth Shelter and Family Services (Jeffersonville, IN)
- Dare to Care Food Bank (Louisville, KY)
- The Dragonfly Foundation (Cincinnati, OH)
- Educational Excellence Foundation of Gallatin County (Warsaw, KY)
- Gallatin County Food Pantry (Warsaw, KY)
- God's Pantry Food Bank (Lexington, KY)
- Harlan County Boys & Girls Club (Harlan, KY)
- Holiday for Heroes (Burlington, KY)
- HOPE for Gallatin County (Warsaw, KY)
- New Perceptions (Edgewood, KY)
- Society of St. Vincent de Paul (Covington, KY)
- Special Olympics Kentucky (Frankfort, KY)
- Stepping Stones (Cincinnati, OH)
- UpSpring (Cincinnati, OH)
"Speedway Children's Charities is dedicated to distributing funds to non-profit children's organizations that focus on improving the quality of life for children," said Chapter Director Dayna Winslette. "We have worked hard to create a presence for our charity in the community and make a foundation to build upon in the future. Distributing grant funding to children's organizations is not only our main goal but is also our highlight of the year."
Photos from the event will be posted on our website. Click the "Gallery" tab above and enjoy!
The chapter has already started planning its fundraising efforts for 2016, which will be updated throughout the year on this website and on our Facebook and Twitter pages. Come out next year and help us raise money for great organizations like these!