Fans Can Give Back and Enjoy Once-in-a-Lifetime Experiences With Speedway Children's Charities
Fans who have been looking for a way to get behind the scenes for the 10-Day Blockbuster of Racing at Charlotte Motor Speedway will have the chance to do just that with exclusive opportunities provided by the Charlotte Chapter of Speedway Children's Charities. The "Ride of a Lifetime" and VIP experience auctions are back and fans can take advantage by placing their bids online and helping Cabarrus County and Charlotte-area children in need.
Ride of a Lifetime Auction
Fans can bid to ride along with their favorite driver during their parade lap after driver introductions for the Coca-Cola 600 on Sunday, May 25, via the "Ride of a Lifetime" auction. Drivers participating in the auction include Jeff Gordon, Kasey Kahne, Matt Kenseth, Tony Stewart, Denny Hamlin, Kyle Busch, Carl Edwards, Dale Earnhardt, Jr. and more.
The winning bidders will receive a pit and garage tour, get to attend the drivers meeting and see driver introductions prior to their lap around the track in the back of a Toyota Tundra. To place a bid, visit the Speedway Children's Charities auction site at www.sccauctions.com. The auction closes at noon on Thursday, May 22.
VIP Experience Auction
This year Speedway Children's Charities is offering more VIP experiences than ever before, providing fans with once-in-a-lifetime opportunities. Among the packages up for auction are a visit to Victory Lane for the Coca-Cola 600, a VIP Day with a NASCAR Nationwide Series driver and more. The full list of VIP packages is below.
- Victory Lane Packages: Enjoy the historic moment when the Coca-Cola 600 winner gets out of their car and celebrates in Victory Lane. The winning bidder will receive access to Victory Lane as well as the opportunity to attend the winner's champagne toast in The Speedway Club.
- VIP Tour Package with Wendy Venturini: With the VIP Tour Package, the winning bidder will receive a guided tour from Fox Sports 1 broadcast personality Wendy Venturini prior to the Coca-Cola 600 on May 25. The tour includes a walk through the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series garage, down pit road, inside the broadcast booth and more.
- NASCAR Nationwide Series VIP Day Package: The highest bidder for this package will get to spend some time with NASCAR Nationwide Series driver Dylan Kwasniewski prior to the HISTORY 300 on May 24. In addition, the package includes a tour of the NASCAR Nationwide Series garage, access to the drivers meeting and passes for driver introductions.
- All-Access Packages: The winning bidder will receive two hot passes with access to the garage area and pit road on Coca-Cola 600 race day, as well as VIP parking.
- Behind the Scenes Packages: The winning bidder will receive two cold passes, a tour of the infield media center, access to the drivers meeting and more on Coca-Cola 600 day.
To place a bid, visit the Speedway Children's Charities auction site at www.sccauctions.com. The auctions for the Coca-Cola 600 packages closes at 10 a.m. on Thursday, May 22.
There are Speedway Children's Charities chapters at eight Speedway Motorsports, Inc., facilities: Atlanta Motor Speedway, Bristol Motor Speedway, Charlotte Motor Speedway, Kentucky Speedway, Sonoma Raceway, Las Vegas Motor Speedway, New Hampshire Motor Speedway and Texas Motor Speedway. Throughout the year, Speedway Children's Charities hosts a number of charitable events at each track.
For more information on the Charlotte Chapter of Speedway Children's Charities and upcoming events, visit www.charlotte.speedwaycharities.org.
About Speedway Children's Charities
The mission of Speedway Children's Charities remains true to the ideals it was founded upon in 1982: To care for children in educational, financial, social and medical need in order to help them lead productive lives. SCC provides funding for hundreds of nonprofit organizations throughout the nation that meet the direct needs of children. Our vision is that every child has the same opportunities no matter what obstacle they are facing.