Partner Grant Program
Partner Grant RFPs to Speedway Children's Charities - Texas for the 2020 grant cycle will be accepted online February 10, 2020 - February 21, 2020. If your organization is invited to round two, you will be asked to complete the full application providing more in-depth information regarding your organization and the program outlined in the RFP.
Eligible children's charities located in and providing services to children in Collin, Dallas, Denton and Tarrant Counties are invited to submit proposals based upon the criteria presented within this document. Also note, applying organizations must have attended the grant workshop to be eligible to apply.
- An initial response (designated the first round) to the RFP will be submitted for the purpose of reviewing the general outline of the program, an overview of the children segment to be served, the anticipated budget, and the partnership benefits to Speedway Children's Charities.
- Speedway Children's Charities will review the first round proposals and invite selected Charities to submit an expanded proposal (designated the second round). From these proposals Speedway Children's Charities will select those to be funded for 2020.
- Speedway Children's Charities invites proposals in the funding range of $5,000 to $25,000.
- The population segment to be served will be children in need of medical, educational financial or social services.
- The Partner Grant will NOT consider proposals that include capital funding.
- First round RFP's will be available electronically by February 10, 2020 and will be accepted until February 21, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. Central Time.
- Proposals selected for the second round review will be notified after March 16, 2020 and will have until May 29, 2020 to complete submission.
- Notification to the selected charities that a grant has been awarded will be made by November 2020.
- Funds will be distributed annually unless otherwise designated; such distribution will begin no later than December 31, 2020.
Criteria for Submission of First Round Proposals
- The proposal must be completed electronically. The form will be posted on the Speedway Children's Charities website by February 10, 2020.
- The form will have the following segments:
- Who attended the Grant Workshop Webinar, as a representative from your organization
- Description of the children segment to be served
- Description of project
- Itemized budget of grant amount requested
- Partnership benefits to Speedway Children's Charities
- A limited number of character spaces are available for each segment. Character spacing count is based on characters and spaces. Information provided that goes above the character count will not be seen or reviewed. Please be very specific with your proposal information.
Speedway Children's Charities Partnership Benefits
Speedway Children's Charities is recognized as a leader in providing financial grants for children's charities in the DFW Metroplex. The Speedway Children's Charities Board of Trustees desires to assume an even larger role in developing a presence in Tarrant, Denton, Dallas, and Collin Counties by expanding programs and services to children in need.
The Founders Grant program is an impact grant initiative to serve children in need on a large scale. As such Speedway Children's Charities will evaluate the increased exposure and partnering opportunities of each grant applicant as part of the overall review.