Founders Grant Program
Founders Grants Applications to Speedway Children's Charities at Texas Motor Speedway for program or project funding in the fall of 2020 with program implementation in the 2021 calendar year are now being accepted.
The Founders Grant Program is in honor of our distinguished leaders of Speedway Children's Charities.
Eligible children's charities located in and providing services to children in Tarrant, Denton, Dallas, and Collin County are invited to submit proposals based upon the criteria presented within this document. Also note, applying organizations must have participated in the January 2020 workshop to be eligible to apply.
- An initial response (designated the first round) to the RFP will be submitted for the purpose of reviewing the general outline of the program, an overview of the children segment to be served, the anticipated budget, and the partnership benefits to Speedway Children's Charities.
- Speedway Children's Charities will review the first round proposals and invite selected Charities to submit an expanded proposal (designated the second round). From these proposals Speedway Children's Charities will select those to be funded for 2020.
- Speedway Children's Charities invites proposals in the funding range of $125,000 to $150,000.
- The population segment to be served will be children in need of medical, educational or social services.
- The Founders Grant will consider proposals that include capital funding.
- A Speedway Children's Charities Founders Grant must be the only funding for a proposed project. Projects that will require additional funding from another outside source will not be considered.
- First round RFP's will be available electronically by February 10, 2020 and will be accepted until February 21, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. Central Time.
- Proposals selected for the second round review will be notified after March 16, 2020 and will have until April 27, 2020 to complete submission.
- Notification to the selected Charities that a grant has been awarded will be made by November 2020.
- Funds will be distributed annually unless otherwise designated; such distribution will begin no later than December 31, 2020.
Criteria for Submission of First Round Proposals
- The proposal must be completed electronically. The form will be posted on the Speedway Children's Charities website by February 10, 2020.
- The form will have the following segments:
- Overview of your organization
- A description of the children segment to be served
- Description of capital project to be completed
- Administrative oversight and management of the program
- The budget of proposed project and funding request from Speedway Children's Charities
- The marketing & partnership benefits to Speedway Children's Charities
- A limited number of character spaces are available for each segment. Character spacing count is based on characters and spaces. Information provided that goes above the character count will not be seen or reviewed. Please be very specific with your proposal information.
Speedway Children's Charities Partnership Benefits
Speedway Children's Charities is recognized as a leader in providing financial grants for children's charities in the DFW Metroplex. The Speedway Children's Charities Board of Trustees desires to assume an even larger role in developing a presence in Tarrant, Denton, Dallas, and Collin Counties by expanding programs and services to children in need.
The Founders Grant program is an impact grant initiative to serve children in need on a large scale. As such Speedway Children's Charities will evaluate the increased exposure and partnering opportunities of each grant applicant as part of the overall review.